Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How am I going to do this?

Alright daily I will do at least one Pokemon review from my personal experience. I have been playing competitive Pokemon for over 3 years now, and I have been playing Pokemon since I was 6 (born 1990). Now how will I select a Pokemon? Very good question, I am going to use a random number generator to select a Pokemon for me! But today I will not be doing such a thing, I will be selecting one of my personal favorites.


Hippowdon

















 One of the best walls in the game, Hippowdon with amazing HP, Def, and decent Sp Def is a massive pain to take out! Able to wall some of the games biggest threats, the ability to stealth rock, roar, and slack off, and an amazing move pool why not use one? Not to mention Hippowdon's ability sand stream causes a sandstorm to last the entire match, breaking sashes of non-rock, steel, and ground type pokemon, along side with the potential to stealth rock to break the sashes of those pokemon who resist sand!


Standard set up

Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Slack Off
Ice fang or Roar

 Ev's - 252 Hp/152 Def/104 Sp Def
Nature - Impish

My personal favorite set up

Earthquake
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Slack off

Ev's 252 Hp/152 Def/104 Sp Def
Nature - Impish

Now why is this set my favorite? To put it simply the ev's from standard Hippowdon are perfect to me, he can sponge Sp Att's but ONLY WHEN HE HAS TO! He is not a Sp def wall, just a sponge, please remember this! Now with that said, I am not too fond of stealth rock, but doesn't mean I won't use it. I prefer to have Thunder fang for the Gyarados that like to ALWAYS switch in, and get a "free turn set up." Ice fang obviously for pesky dragon types (that are VERY common.)


 This concludes my first review, hope you enjoyed and there will be many more to come! Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment